We are GV & Co Limited (09280028) and GV & Co London Limited (11376751), both incorporated in England and Wales with our registered office is at Carlton Tower, 34 St Paul’s Street, Leeds LS1 2QB (“GV” / “we”/ “our” / “us”). We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. We will continue to comply with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”) unless and until the GDPR is no longer directly applicable in the UK, together with any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation as amended or updated from time to time in the UK including the Data Protection Act 2018 (“DPA”), and any successor legislation to the GDPR and the DPA (together “Data Protection Legislation”). Either GV & Co Limited or GV & Co London Limited will be the data controller of data you pass to us pursuant to this policy, depending on the reason you pass the data to us.
We have nominated Kathryn Hodgson (Operations Director) to have day to day responsibility for data protection and GDPR. Kathryn can be contacted at email@example.com.
What information do we hold and how will we use it?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us: You may give us information about you by completing enquiry forms on the Website. The information you give us may include your name, email address, address / location and phone number. We will retain this information while we are corresponding with you or providing you with the services you have requested.
We determine our retention periods based on a number of factors including, where relevant:
- the requirements set out in our insurance policies;
- the length of the lease in respect of which we provide services;
- legal and statutory obligations we are required to comply with (including, for example, HMRC requirements);
- where we send you marketing communications, until you withdraw your consent (if relevant), you unsubscribe to our communications, we don’t believe our marketing communications continue to be relevant for you or your contact details become out of date.
If you submit an enquiry via our website with which we are unable to assist, we will delete your personal data as soon as we have informed you we are unable to assist.
Information we collect about you: We may collect the following information from you when you visit our Website:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from the Site (including date and time), services you viewed or searched for, page response times, Website errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, methods used to browse away from the page .
This information is collected using Google Analytics and is retained for 26 months from the date of collection.
Use made of the information
Provided that we have obtained your consent to the extent we are required to under the Data Protection Legislation, we may use the information we receive and/or collect about you to:
- fulfil our obligations under any contract we have entered into with you and to provide you with information, products and services you have requested;
- send you newsletters and marketing information if you have consented to us doing so or if there are other grounds in GDPR which mean we are entitled to send marketing communications to you;
- notify you of products and services we offer that are similar to those you have purchased or enquired about;
- notify you of other products and services we feel may interest you, or permit third parties to do so if you have consented to us doing so;
- notify you of changes to our services and products; and
- monitor Website usage and provide statistics to third parties for the purposes of improving and developing the Website and the services we provide via the Website
We collect and process much of your personal information on the grounds of legitimate interests, which include some or all of the following:
- where the processing enables us to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve the Website, our services and communications for the benefit of our customers;
- to enhance the security of our network and information systems;
- to better understand how people interact with our websites;
- administer the Website and carry out data analysis, troubleshooting and testing; and
- to determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and advertising.
If we are unable to rely on legitimate interests or any other ground set out in the GDPR to process your personal data, we will obtain consent from you to the processing.
If we obtain consent from you to do so, we may provide your personal details to third parties so that they can contact you directly in respect of services and/or products in which you may be interested.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time. If you would like to withdraw your consent, or prefer not to receive any of the above-mentioned information (or if you only want to receive certain information) from us please let us know. Please bear in mind that if you object this may affect our ability to carry out tasks above for your benefit. Withdrawal of your consent won’t affect any processing we have carried out in respect of your personal data prior to you withdrawing consent.
If you wish to have your information removed from our database or if you do not want us to contact you for marketing purposes, please let us know by clicking the “Unsubscribe” option in any email we send to you and providing the details requested or by contacting us using the details set out below and we will take steps to ensure that this information is deleted as soon as reasonably practicable.
We will not share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us (other than as set out in this policy) without your prior consent, unless required to do so by law.
How safe is your information?
Protecting your security and privacy is important to us and we make every effort to secure your information and maintain your confidentiality in accordance with the terms of the Data Protection Legislation. The Website is protected by various levels of security technology, which are designed to protect your information from any unauthorised or unlawful access, processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage.
We will do our best to protect your personal data but the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Any such transmission is therefore at your own risk.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- third party website hosting providers;
- marketing platforms and email marketing providers;
- third parties who may wish to contact you in respect of services and/or products they offer or sell which may be of interest to you, provided we receive your consent to such disclosure; and/or
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Website.
Please note that we may need to disclose your personal information where we:
- sell any or all of our business or assets or we buy another business or assets in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer or seller;
- are under a legal duty to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions; or
- need to disclose it to protect our rights, property or safety of our customers or others, including the exchange of information with other companies, organisations and/or governmental bodies for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Your rights in respect of your data
There are a number of rights available to you under GDPR, all of which are explained in our fair processing notice, available here www.gvproperty.co.uk/fair-processing-notice/
If you have any complaints about our use of your personal data, please contact us. You are also entitled to report any concerns which you may have to supervisory authority in your jurisdiction. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner’s Office. You can call the ICO on 0303 123 1113 or get in touch via other means as set out on the ICO website at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.